Saturday, December 29, 2007

Co-dependent Meme Found on Random Blog

“I wonder if the oil changer guys will get mad at me for having so much snow on my car. After all it is inside, in a heated environment, and some snow might melt, creating a sloppy situation.”

“Yeah, they might get a little upset, but I really don’t feel like cleaning the snow off my roof and trunk, isn’t that a little unnecessary? Won’t people be looking at me weird for doing that? Who cleans the snow off of their entire car anyways?”

“Point well taken self, but how many times have you seen a snow covered car being taken indoors, especially during a mechanical checking or fixing type thing? Never, that’s right, never!”

“Okay, but I’m on my way there and what am I going to do? Stop at a gas station, get out, and scrape the snow off my car? People would think I was absolutely crazy.”

“Hmm, I wonder if I could find a building to pull behind, out of public view.”

Being an approval junkie makes us crazy. It is funny but it is also sad.

(BTW the wikipedia 'def of co-dependence is poor at best and at worst is a collection of ill-informed assumptions.)

No comments: