Monday, July 30, 2007

Quotes:

“The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.” Albert Einstein

While it may seem simplistic, I find this notion important to recovery. Folks trapped in neurotic and psychotic behaviors often continue to try the same thing over and over, denying that it is failing. To change your mind you have to change your thinking, to change your thinking you have to expose it to new thought.

"I continue to work on my ego. The need to control, conform and to judge are conventions and struggles that I work toward growing beyond. Inches at a time. I continue to use my faith, meditation, awareness and prayer to stomp on these leaches. Through love and faith in God all things are possible." Tom

I admire tom's transparency. I am aware of my control issues, but had not walked through conformity.

No comments: